LEAP Ahead STL
LEAP Ahead STL (Learning Everything at Pace) is a collaborative effort working to make sure St. Louis area children (birth to age 5) receive the support they need to enter kindergarten ready to learn. This is a regional effort established to better support developmental, social, and emotional screening along with the coordination of resources and referrals.
We are parents. We are home visitors. We are childcare providers. We are support services. We are child advocates.
Goals & Activities
We are working to make sure that St. Louis area children (birth to age 5) receive the support they need to enter kindergarten ready to learn. We are:
- Promoting comprehensive tracking of children’s development, connecting families to resources early, and providing age-appropriate child-development activity ideas;
- Bringing child experts together to build a hub that allows us to track children’s development and developmental patterns unique to our region; and
- Ensuring we can celebrate child milestones, know what to look for next, and determine when follow-up steps are needed.
- Parents: You know your child best. The screening tools we promote were built with you in mind. Is your child between the ages of 2 months and 5 years? Learn more.
- Childcare & Healthcare Providers: ASQ Enterprise is a convenient tool that allows programs serving young children and families to easily organize and manage their screening programs. You can join this learning community and access the ASQ Enterprise through LEAP Ahead STL at no cost! Contact Nathan Ivy to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org | 314-534-6015 ext. 120.
Almost Home | ARCHS | Belle Children’s Services of St. Louis Arc | Hilltop Child Development Center | LUME Institute | Nurse-Family Partnership | Nurses for Newborns | Raising St. Louis | Southside Early Childhood Center | St. Martin’s Child Center | United 4 Children | Unleashing Potential | YMCA Community Development | Youth in Need | YWCA Head Start
View Other Focus Areas
Vision for Children at Risk informs the community with data and information on child well-being in the St. Louis area, builds and drives collaboration and strategic action for children, and advocates for policies and investment in children that support child well-being.